Thursday, June 17, 2010

30 weeks

It is amazing that it is the middle of June, which also means halfway through 2010.  It seems like yesterday I knew I was pregnant and miserable with being so extremely sick - wondering if I would ever even make it to June.  Now we are half-way through, and the end is near!

8 weeks and 5 days until delivery - which is so exciting, yet so crazy scary at the same time!  Anyway, I had a doctors appointment yesterday and all is well!

I have gained no weight, which does not concern the doctor.  My blood pressure is amazing - and that was her exact words.  I was placed on the monitor yesterday to do a quick check of the babies heartbeats, and they were both between 130 and 140 - which she said was great.  I also measured 38 weeks again - which she said was great!  Other than my hips, I am feeling wonderful!

We had a great conversation with our doctor yesterday (my dear husband was able to go).  She explained that she honestly does not think that pre-term labor will be any issue.  She said the only way I will deliver before the goal date is if the babies show signs of distress or if my blood pressure goes crazy.  So, she is very confident.

We also talked to her about my concerns with her vacation timing (one week in July doesn't bother me) - but she is scheduled to be off the 1 1/2 weeks before my delivery date.  She said those were going to change and she would be in the office 5 to 6 out of those 10 days.  So, she said more than likely she would see me the week before delivery - which helped to ease my mind.  There is something about knowing who is going to deliver your baby vs having somebody completely different.

We also talked about a couple of other concerns and options to help ease my mind and overall the appointment went well.  Nothing too exciting, but I have an ultrasound to look forward to on June 30!  That will more than likely be the last time I see the babies before delivery - as I will just have non-stress-test monitoring every week starting the week of July 5th.  

On a separate note, we have childcare figured out for when the babies are being born (Thank you to you who are watching them!) and my dear husband has figured out his FMLA time off and we are in the process of getting paperwork done!  This is all good news as now we can finish planning for my "helpers" for when he has to go back to work!

Other than that, we have just been weeding garden, taking care of outside projects, trying to get Blessing's new room finished (we are making progress - just not fast!), and spending time as a family.  My energy level is extremely low and I fatigue very easily, but we are managing!  Thanks for checking in and will update in a couple weeks, if not before!

No comments: