Friday, June 15, 2007

vacation fun

Ok, so we went to bed last night. Blessing didn't sleep too well until I finally broke down and just let her sleep in bed with me. Our room has two queen beds, so Mr. Tall decided to do something a little different and each of us sleep in our own bed. It really made us realize this morning how much sleeping together is good. We missed each other! Anyway, Blessing came and joined me at 2 am after she had been up about every hour since she went to bed.
She woke up at 6:30 this morning when Mr. Tall dumped some stuff off of his bed. He didn't clean his bed off before going to sleep, so it was a loud clunk! Blessing was up and in an excellent mood. We went to the pool again and then came back to our room and showered and got dressed.
While I was showering, Blessing was running around our room naked while Mr. Tall was shaving. I heard her push the door open and come into the bathroom where I was. I heard some sqeaking going on and the toilet lid shut, but didn't think anything about it. Next thing I know, I heard Mr. Tall start laughing really hard! I asked him what was going on and he told me to peek around the shower. Blessing had unrolled the rest of the toilet paper and had been playing with it. Since the bathroom floor was wet, the toilet paper was sticky. The pictures show the excitement we had.
Then off to breakfast. Blessing hasn't been too interested in food this trip, which has caused a little concern for us. However, we know that she will eat when she is ready.

So, now I am sitting on the bed writing this blog while Mr. Tall is picking up the room. I wanted to use the wireless high speed to post pictures since it is so quick. At home it takes a long time to download pictures. While I am writing, Blessing has pulled out a dresser drawer and has crawled into the drawer. It is so great to have a camera close by to capture some of these pictures. She played in the drawer and had a great time.

Finally, it is so different going on a vacation with a young child. We have to constantly try to think about her and hope and pray that nobody turns us in when she starts crying. Life is definitely a journey!

Well, I need to go and help Mr. Tall finish packing. We are off to the Wisconsin Dells and then up to Wausau to see Missy, Gary, and Garrison. More to come later!!!

No comments: