Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tribute

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (New Living Translation)



9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.





On June 19, 2007, Mr .Tall and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. It is so amazing how fast time flies. Some days it seems like yesterday that we were married. I remember that day so well. I was stressed as I had planned the whole wedding myself. Mr. Tall was calm as could be, knowing that he was making the best decision of his life. My dad struggled as he was letting his first daughter be married. The reception was wonderful. 400 people came and showed us they cared. Such an amazing day.



However, I had no idea how my life would change. That day was the turning point. I was no longer a single person, but a person bound to my husband and Christ. We would become a cord that would not be easily broken.



Over the past three years, I have realized how amazing my husband is. He is dedicated to me. So much that he would give his life to save mine. He is an amazing hard worker. He will do whatever it takes to provide for his family - not only financially, but emotionally and spiritually as well. He is an amazing father. Little did I know how much he loves kids, especially his daughter. He plays with her and loves her so much. He cares for her and would die for her as well. He is such a strong man - physically as well as emotionally. He has gone through a complete hand amputation, watching his wife have a c-section, and an appendectomy. He has worked weeks with more than 60 hours. He has lifted things and moved things I couldn't even come close to. My husband is a true handyman. He has made a swing out of a lawn chair, fixed our lawn mower, fixed my car, glued wooden chairs back together, removed doors and fixed the hinges, the list goes on and on and on....My husband is also very supportive. He wants the best for me. He wants me to pursue my dreams and reach for the stars.



I don't know what I would do without my husband. I love him with all of my heart and am looking forward to spending the rest of our life together. I will say that it hasn't been easy. We

have had our rough times as well as our good times. During the valleys, we turn to God for strenth and remember the above verse from Ecclesiastes. We look back and know that God does have plans for us and will see us through both the good and the bad times.

Once again, I love my husband so much. I am looking forward to many many more years with him. So much to come. So much to look back on and appreciate. So much going on right now.

I love you Mr. Tall!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Aw, this is so sweet! And a perfect tribute to a great daddy, too. You two are such a sweet couple and have shown how you can build each other up in strength. I love that verse- I think we all needto cling to that (and remember the blessing that it is!). Congratulations on your anniversary you two! So very wonderful =)