Friday, May 7, 2010

Update and Prayers

I found out this afternoon via a message on my voicemail that I failed my 1 hour blood glucose test. This means there is a possibility that I have gestational diabetes.  In order to find out, I have to drink double the solution and have a 3-hour blood glucose test.  From what I understand (research wise as I haven't talked with my dr's office yet), I will have 4 blood draws - one before the solution, then one every hour for the next 3 hours.  

Please pray that this test comes back normal!  I am not gaining much weight the way it is and am struggling with eating as I am not feeling well.  I am lucky if I can get one meal to stay down and even then it isn't very much because of all the pressure on my tummy! 

I will update again after I have the 3-hour test - hopefully the first part of next week!  Also, no results yet on my hemoglobin (iron level)...hopefully, that will be normal - otherwise adding vitamins or even straight iron tablets will have to happen - and with how I am feeling, it could be interesting!

Thanks and will chat soon!

No comments: