Friday, May 7, 2010

The long awaited update - 24 wks 1 day

It has been a month since I last posted and truly not much has changed.  I did have a doctor's appointment today and everything is going excellent - status quo!

It was great to be able to see the babies and hear the heartbeats again - oh so reassuring!

Baby A (on the bottom) -

Heartbeat - 143

Approximate weight - 1 pound 12 ounces (69th percentile) a gain of 14 ounces from last month

Measuring - 25 weeks 4 days

Baby B (on the top) -

Heartbeat - 130

Approximate weight - 1 pound 14 ounces (77th percentile) a gain of 1 pound from last month

Measuring - 25 weeks 2 days

As for me - blood pressure was 110/78 (very good) and urine cultures were fine.  Cervical measurements showed that there is less than a 5% chance that I will go into preterm labor before 32 weeks.  After 32 weeks, according to my doctor, the only risk is if my water breaks, I start spotting, or the babies start showing signs of distress.  So, it is just one appoitment and one day at a time.

Basically, everybody is doing well. I only gained two pounds during the last month, which my doctor was still pleased with.  But, as you can tell, it was all baby weight, minus 2 ounces.  She would like to see a little more weight gain, but isn't too worried at this point in time, especially with how well the babies are growing! 

I did do my glucose tolerance test (gestational diabetes) today as well as some other blood work. 

I will update more later, just wanted to get the current information about the babies out there!

No comments: