Saturday, January 23, 2010

The ultrasound shows...

TWINS!

Yes, you read that right, twins! There were two fetuses, two placentas, and two amniotic fluid sacs. My doctor told me that that is the best case scenerio for someone with my OB history. That was music to my ears.

Baby A and Baby B, as the doctor's office refers to them, both have heartbeats as well! Baby A's heartbeat is 154 and Baby B's heartbeat is 186. So, if the old wives' tale is correct, we could be looking at a boy and a girl.

We know that God is in control of everything and are just leaning on him for strength. We are both feeling a little overwhelmed and a little apprehensive at the same time. I am doing my best to hold what is true and what is right up to God's standard and as a result some of the following bible verses are running through my mind on a constant basis.

6 So be truly glad.[a] There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. 1 Peter 1:6 (This is helping with the sickness I have been and still am enduring.)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (This is helping me to remember that God knows what he is doing.)

I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2 (Helping me to continue praising Him who creates.)

God will provide. In some ways I think that this may be a way God is testing me to see how much faith that I have. I am standing firm in His word and know that He provides all! TWINS! What a double blessing!!!

1 comment:

Kevin & Abbie said...

Congratulations! That is exciting and wonderful news! I hope as time goes by and you all adjust to the news that it will become less overwhelming and more pure joy! I'm sure there will be days ahead where overwhelming wins out, but overall what a wonderful blessing!