Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nothing is Impossible with God

Nothing is impossible with God...My new mantra and what keeps running through my mind!

This was the main theme of the movie my husband and I watched last night...Facing the Giants.  What an excellent reminder of God's power!  

Several people, including friends, family, and doctors, have second guessed my ability to carry the twins.  Many have made comments that have been negative in regards to my ability to carry the twins "full-term."  Many have suggested bribing my doctor to go early.  And, in all honesty, many are just negative!

I have fought these negative comments with positive ones for several months and found the movie theme to be a great reminder!  God is in control and He knows what I am capable of.  He has prepared me and my body for the task He has given me.

Now, with that said, the c-section has been scheduled for next week and we are going to be meeting these 2 beautiful babies soon!  Even though I am scared and fear sets in quite a bit, this new mantra reminds me that He is in control and knows what we can handle!  

As for my appointment today, everything looked great!  The babies are doing well, my blood pressure is good, and the c-section was scheduled!  I was given last minute details regarding the night before and sent on my way.  I finished up the hospital registration and took care of a few odds and ends in town.  So, now the waiting continues.

I plan to make a fresh peach pie this afternoon for my dear husband and make some cookies and freeze the dough in balls so he can still have something sweet, fresh, and homemade while I am down for the count.  He loves sweets so much (as do my girls), that I want to do something special for them.  

Nothing is impossible with God - that is what I am living by and encouraging me right now....Hey, maybe I should go make several notecards and place them around my house.....I will just put it on my list of to-do's!  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog with the answers to all my questions. Send me an e-mail about the first pregnancy, after you read my note. I'd like to ask a couple of questions on e-mail.