Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Final ultrasound

Today I had my final ultrasound of this pregnancy.  I was looking forward to seeing the babies one more time!  It was nice but not as exciting as ultrasounds earlier in the pregnancy because the babies are getting so big you really can't see much at a time.  I now understand why they do ultrasounds at 20 weeks!

So, the biggest news is that the babies are growing and are showing no signs of stress or distress.  This is wonderful! Below are the stats...

Baby A 

weight - 6 pounds 12 ounces (up from 4 pounds 11 ounces a month ago)

heartbeat - 143

percentile - 71st (this is in comparison to a single baby - so I have a big twin!)

Baby B

weight - 6 pounds 2 ounces (up from 4 pounds 4 ounces a month ago)

heartbeat - 140

percentile - 51st (this is in comparison to a single baby)

My doctor and I chatted about moving the scheduled c-section date up a week due to how much they weigh alreaady and my doctor would not hear of it.  She said that she will take them at 38 weeks and no earlier unless the mom or babies start to show signs of stress.  So, since all is going well for both the babies and me, there is no chance.  This is good and bad...the good is that they will get one more week to develop - the bad is that I have to endure carrying them for one more week!  It is a challenge!

As for my blood pressure - it was extremely good - she took it twice and it was 94/57.  The nurse couldn't believe it!  She made me laugh and took it again and it was 124/72.  She is just amazed every time she takes my blood pressure because she thinks it should be higher.  I guess my body just handles pregnancy well as I have never had a blood pressure issue - just like I have never had braxton hicks contractions or real contractions (once again and blessing and a curse :-)!)  

So, we are down to 3 weeks until delivery date.  I will keep pressing on toward the goal of August 17 and pray that they decide to wait to come into the world!  I have plenty of things to keep me busy until then, so I will keep working on the projects.  Some of the things I have left to do include packing a bag for the babies and I at the hospital, packing the girls bags for being away while I am at the hospital, cleaning out the van, finding all the breastpump accessories and cleaning them up, finishing cleaning our upstairs bedroom, finishing the new room and getting our oldest daughter moved in, getting the nursery set up, getting meals made and into the freezer to make life easier for my husband, and sleeping!  I will just keep knocking away at things on the list to make progress and will see what happens in the meantime!

Thanks for following me on this journey!  I have an appointment on Friday, July 30 and another one on Thursday, August 5.  My last appointment before delivery is scheduled for Tuesday, August 10 with delivery on Tuesday, August 17.  We will keep everybody updated!

No comments: