Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day and more!

What a beautiful afternoon!  The sun is shining, my two girls are napping, and I feel good enough to get a few things accomplished (mainly computer business)!

First off, Happy 52nd Birthday to my dear father!  Happy anniversary to my dad and step-mom too!  I pray that you have a blessed day!

Now, onto baby news.  I had another appointment today!  I had forgotten how uneventful "regular" baby checks can be.  So, really I don't have any exciting news.  I was hoping to be able to scan a picture in of the ultrasound but didn't even get a hard copy of a picture today!

So, the babies heartrates are 150 and 154.  So, very close to each other....both the same sex, I don't know!  I had a chance to find out the sex today, but decided against it, for this time.  I guess I just wasn't in the right mood.  Maybe next time.  Sorry to all of you who are more anxious than me about finding out....:-)

I also had a cervical check today, and there was no sign of pre-term labor.  This is a good thing, meaning my body is doing a great job of carrying the two little ones right now.  This is a normal ultrasound test my doctor does on women expecting twins.  I will have two more of these - one in 3 more weeks at my next appointment and the last one 4 weeks after that.

Other than that, the only other exciting news is that I have actually gained weight.  3 pounds!  This is incredible since with my other 2 pregnancies I gained nothing.  The doctor doesn't know if it is just blood volume, baby weight, uterus growth, and placenta/amniotic fluid or if it is actual weight gain.  Nevertheless, she was excited to see a little gain!  I am very surprised as I am still sick.  However, I can say I am feeling better than I was back in December/January/February.  I am only getting sick 2 times a day on average.  This is a good thing!  Maybe it will go away all together and I will have a "normal" rest of the pregnancy!

My next appointment is Friday, April 9.  3 weeks and 2 days away.  At this appointment, they will do another cervical check and will have do a full ultrasound.  At this ultrasound, they will do an anatomy check - checking to make sure the babies are developing correctly.  This doesn't mean I will find out the sexes, just means they will check the heart, lungs, liver, appendages, spine, head, etc. I am excited!  I will probably take a DVD to this appointment and have them record it so my husband can see it, since he will more than likely be at work.

Finally, to those who are curious as to how Joy is doing, she is much better.  The doctor started her on some prednisone on Monday to help with the wheezing.  It definitely was pneumonia.  The doctor couldn't believe how much air she was moving on Monday.  She never suspected pneumonia because Joy wasn't exchanging enough oxygen on Friday.  We are so glad we took her to the ER and had further testing done so she could heal quicker!

Finally, a quick little Joy story....I love to put her to bed, either at nap or night-night time.  We rock and she lays across my arms.  I know she is ready to go to sleep when I ask her for a kiss and she leans up and kisses me.  I then carry her to her crib and lay her down.  I get her all covered up and then put my hand on her forehead and tell her I love her.  I move my hand down her cheek and go to leave the room. Joy always tells me, "I wove you too mommy!"  It is so sweet!  I am cherishing these cuddles with Joy so much!  I know all too soon that those cuddles will not be the same.  Blessing is so sweet too!  She has been kissing the babies in mommies tummy.  Today, however, I took her to the ultrasound to hopefully have her connect and understand more why mommy doesn't have the energy and can't do what she used to do.  Anyway, she told the ultrasound technician that "I changed my mind.  I only want 1 baby instead of two."  However, when the technician asked her if she wanted a brother or a sister, she still answered with "A brother for Joy and a sister for me!"  I love my two girls!

God's blessings to you and I pray you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day today!

No comments: