Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Encouraged

The past three weeks have been a challenge as I have been focused on the "what ifs" and the "future". This has been so overwhelming as I wonder several things including how are we going to manage two babies, am I going to have enough love for two babies, and the big question "how are we going to afford two babies at once". Of course, many more thoughts pass through my mind including what happens if I go on bed rest, how am I going to handle my other two children, what will I do if I go into labor, and the crazy ones like I wonder how big I will get, I wonder if I will be able to walk or get our of a chair, etc. All of these thoughts were weighing me down and causing me to worry and fret.

Besides beginning to read the book, Loving God with All Your Mind by Elizabeth George, for women's sunday school class, I have been faithful in praying and giving all my worries and struggles over to God. While being faithful and obedient in handing over todays worries and preparing for the future worries, I have realized how truly blessed we are and have been. I have been really encouraged by things that have been taking place. I wanted to share some of these blessings, not because I want to brag, but because I want to have them written down where I can look back and see them in relationship to this current journey and as a reminder on those tough days.

So, I hope you are encouraged as much as I have been with this list of blessings...(in no particular order)

*A good friend purchased a box and a bag of pampers swaddler newborn diapers to "get us started" in collecting diapers

*A good friend has started collecting duplicate items for me including allowing us to use her infant car seat, her swing, her bouncer, and a second boppy pillow plus she is still looking for other items

*A good friend is allowing me to borrow a large tote of maternity clothes which are already being put to good use!

*A family from church has "adopted one of our babies bums" as they put it, meaning they are going to try to keep up with diapers for one of our babies for the first year

*A member from our church approached me and stated that he/she had been prompted before Christmas to reach out to us, but didn't obey for awhile, and finally decided that she had better. She gave us an envelope with a significant amount of money in it. We will not have to worry about gas for the van for approximately a month (depending on the amount of travel we have to do)

*Another member of the church e-mailed and wants to help by providing a date night for my husband and I and possibly some cleaning time (she offered meals but I am actually managing in that area)

*The former renters of where we lived felt prompted by God and provided my way to go to a woman's retreat on February 5 and 6 in Ames and my husband watched the children so I could be recharged

*A local mother of twins and a church member who has twins has offered words of encouragement and support

*I called a church member to check in and make sure she was doing well and she encouraged me more than I feel I encouraged her

*All the snow we have gotten has been pushed away and our driveway is driveable

*My dear husband is switching positions where he works and is receiving a significant pay raise and more time here at home with working 4 10 hour days instead of 5 8 hour days

I am sure there are many others, but these are the ones that have happened in the last couple of weeks that really stick out in my mind.

It truly is amazing how God works and how when I am feeling challenged in my faith and questioning things, He finds a way to show me "who is boss." It doesn't always take big blessings like these to make me see "who is boss." Sometimes it is just a prompt to read a bible passage or the ability to bless someone else and see their reaction. Sometimes it is just getting on my knees. However, this time God knew what I needed for encouragement and provided. I have given Him my worries and know that twins is a part of his big plan and purpose. Is it still overwhelming, oh yes, but manageable and not so burdening. God is good!!!

Be encouraged, I am!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh how neat to read about all of the support from different places! What would we do without church family??? Your list is amazing and very encouraging to remember that God is in control of all things!